If you are reading this you are already way ahead of other job seekers who have simply given their details to Agencies. It is likely you have found these words by your own initiative and your own research. This means you may well be the person we are looking for.
We will not under any circumstances consider any application introduced via an Agency.
JOB VACANCY - Office Administrator
We are a growing accountancy practice focussed on delivering client service and giving our clients Peace of Mind. We are looking for an Office Administrator with enthusiasm, a passion for ensuring clients and staff needs are fulfilled and a pro-active approach to maintaining an orderly office. This is a full-time role. We welcome applicants who desire to be part of a professional team and with the aptitude to take on new tasks as well as keep on top of day to day routines.
Whilst previous experience is useful, it is not a pre-requisite provided you can demonstrate you have the underlying skills and willingness to learn.
Key roles / responsibilities:
- Meeting & greeting clients
- Answering telephone including screening cold calls
- New client set-up and ID checks
- Ad-hoc admin assistance for Partners including general secretarial duties
- Primary point of contact for managing our paperless filing system & Client Portal
- Liaising with IT Support manager ensuring any IT issues are logged, monitored and resolved
- Maintaining Parry Hancock website including liaising with Website provider. This will include a wholesale review of
the website every 2 years
- Monitoring marketing reports including SEO and Yell.com and google analytics and statistics
- Mailshots to existing and potential clients
- Managing Feefo feedback requests issued to clients
- General filing including managing deep filing
- Administrative duties including maintaining stationery supplies, drinks supplies, handling daily post, maintaining
- Liaising with key suppliers and reviewing costs from time to time to ensure best value for money
- Booking and tracking CPD courses for Partners & staff
- Updating technical library
- Liaising with landlord on any premises issues
- Overseeing annual office insurance renewal
- Administering annual renewals of Fee Protection Scheme for clients
- Organising annual Christmas party
- Documenting all admin procedures and other ad hoc projects
For a list of the software used in this office, please see further below.
If you are interested in this role please email your CV to email@example.com
We are also looking for a general practice Account Manager
The type of person we are looking for is:
You are as interested in the clients as people as you are in the numbers on their tax returns. You are as interested in the clients' businesses as living, vital entities as you are in the numbers in their accounts.
You will be used to working in a general practice environment and you are used to dealing directly with clients and preparing accounts / tax returns etc through to completion, ready for approval by the principal. You are not a tax specialist. You are not an audit specialist. You are an all-rounder.
You live locally, probably between Southampton and Fareham.
You are probably looking for more responsibility. You want to look after your own portfolio of clients, working under the minimum of supervision, and yet working in a practice that uses state of the art IT, plus top end accounting and tax software. You are keen to be sent on training courses to ensure you are technically up to date.
You want to work for a practice that has systems and procedures to ensure that all our clients have true Peace of Mind, instead of all the other firms out there who pay lip service to this objective but don't live up to it.
You will probably have accountancy qualifications, but you may be qualified by experience. If you are the right person with the right experience, being unqualified is not an insurmountable issue. It is your experience, ability to do the job and willingness to receive ongoing training that matters.
You probably have strong views about how a modern accountancy practice should look after its clients - and we would like to hear them!
We use the following software at Parry Hancock and appropriate training will be given on all software.
- Accounting software for the Practice & Clients: Xero Accounting Software
- General office: Microsoft Office
- Document Management & Client Portal: Virtual Cabinet
- Accounts preparation, tax returns etc = IRIS
- Payroll = Qtac