Accounts/Tax Assistant or Manager
We are looking for the next person to join our team on either a part time or full time basis. We are interested to hear from enthusiastic individuals who have experience working in practice including, preparing accounts, company tax returns and personal tax returns for Partner review and who are wanting to progress their career in a small friendly local accountancy practice.
We are looking for someone with the aptitude to adapt to ever-changing requirements within the compliance arena for clients, particularly as we move more towards digital tax. Experience assisting clients with VAT, CIS and bookkeeping, together with the ability to look after a portfolio of clients’ day to day needs is important to us. Experience using Xero would be ideal as a large proportion of our clients are Xero users.
We are very interested to hear from individuals with experience preparing FRS102 and FRS105 accounts together with a company tax and personal tax background in a practice environment. We use CCH for accounts preparation and tax return filings. Training will be provided on specific software that we use in-house as required.
Salary is dependent on experience and existing qualifications.
Please note, we do not recruit any apprenticeship or trainee roles and we do not accept any introductions from agencies.
Joining the team
If you are reading this, you are already way ahead of other job seekers who have simply given their details to agencies. It is likely you have found these words by your own initiative and your own research. This means you may well be the person we are looking for.
You could be the person we are interested in if:
- you are as interested in the clients as people as you are in the numbers on their tax returns;
- you have experience working in a general practice environment, dealing directly with clients and preparing accounts/tax returns, etc. through to completion, ready for approval by the principal. You are not a tax specialist. You are not an audit specialist. You are an all-rounder;
- you are looking for more responsibility. You want to look after your own portfolio of clients, working under the minimum of supervision, and work in a practice that uses state-of-the-art IT, plus top-end accounting and tax software. You are keen to be sent on training courses to ensure you are technically up to date;
- you want to work for a practice that has systems and procedures to ensure that all our clients have true Peace of Mind, instead of all the other firms out there who pay lip service to this objective but don’t live up to it;
- you have accountancy qualifications, although you may be qualified by experience. If you are the right person with the right experience, being unqualified is not an insurmountable issue. It is your experience, ability to do the job and willingness to receive ongoing training that matters.
Get in touch
Browse our website for more information on the services we can offer you. Alternatively, get in touch to book a no-obligation initial meeting where David or Lucy will listen to your needs and offer advice on how we can help you further.