Bookkeeper, Payroll and Accounts Assistant
We are looking for someone with experience in bookkeeping and operating payrolls to join our team. Experience in CIS reporting would also be very helpful. There is scope for this team member to become involved in accounts preparation too, therefore any knowledge or desire to develop skills in this area is of real interest to us.
The role involves looking after a variety of clients on a day-to-day basis including running payrolls (ranging from sole director payrolls to multiple employees), bookkeeping, VAT returns and CIS reporting.
A large number of our clients use Xero therefore already having a good grasp of Xero Accounting Software would be very beneficial in this role.
This is currently a part-time role of 3 – 4 days per week but a full-time opportunity may be available if the candidate possesses the skills to also become involved in accounts preparation alongside bookkeeping and payroll.
We are a small, friendly, local accountancy practice and are keen to have people join our team who are as interested in the people as they are in the numbers (and vice versa!).
Salary is dependent on experience.
Applications closing date: 31st May 2021.
Accounts and Tax Assistant/Manager
We are looking for the next person to join our team on either a part time or full time basis. We are interested to hear from enthusiastic individuals who have experience working in practice preparing accounts, company tax returns and personal tax returns for Partner review and who are wanting to progress their career in a small friendly local accountancy practice.
We are looking for someone with the aptitude to adapt to ever-changing requirements within the compliance arena for clients, particularly as we move more towards digital tax. Experience assisting clients with VAT, CIS and bookkeeping, together with the ability to look after a portfolio of clients’ day to day needs is important to us. Knowledge of payroll is useful but not essential because we already have an efficient and co-ordinated payroll team. Experience using Xero would be ideal as a large proportion of our clients are Xero users.
Salary is dependent on experience.
Joining the team
If you are reading this, you are already way ahead of other job seekers who have simply given their details to agencies. It is likely you have found these words by your own initiative and your own research. This means you may well be the person we are looking for.
You could be the person we are interested in if:
- you are as interested in the clients as people as you are in the numbers on their tax returns;
- you have experience working in a general practice environment, dealing directly with clients and preparing accounts/tax returns, etc. through to completion, ready for approval by the principal. You are not a tax specialist. You are not an audit specialist. You are an all-rounder;
- you are looking for more responsibility. You want to look after your own portfolio of clients, working under the minimum of supervision, and work in a practice that uses state-of-the-art IT, plus top-end accounting and tax software. You are keen to be sent on training courses to ensure you are technically up to date;
- you want to work for a practice that has systems and procedures to ensure that all our clients have true Peace of Mind, instead of all the other firms out there who pay lip service to this objective but don’t live up to it;
- you have accountancy qualifications, although you may be qualified by experience. If you are the right person with the right experience, being unqualified is not an insurmountable issue. It is your experience, ability to do the job and willingness to receive ongoing training that matters.
Other job vacancies
We are not currently recruiting any other vacancies at this time.
Please note, we do not recruit any apprenticeship or trainee roles and we do not accept any introductions from agencies.
Get in touch
Browse our website for more information on the services we can offer you. Alternatively, get in touch to book a no-obligation initial meeting where David or Lucy will listen to your needs and offer advice on how we can help you further.