Xero Features and Benefits
Time savings: You will spend significantly less time doing your bookkeeping because Xero does all the hard work for you. For example, automatic bank feeds and automatic recognition of repeating transactions saves you data entry time, whilst sales invoicing with email templates helps you send out your invoices faster.
Financial control: You will have more financial control and management information at your fingertips to help you run and grow your business, including:
- An interactive list of the customers who owe you money, helping you to collect cash faster;
- A fully tailorable business performance dashboard, enabling you to focus on the figures that matter to you most;
- The ability to see your VAT bill building up so you can set aside the right amount of cash;
- We can work collaboratively with you much more easily and speak to you on the phone with the most up-to-date financial information in front of us;
- Using reports, you will be able to see where money has come from and where it has gone. You will also be able to see how much profit you have made;
- We can produce tax forecasts for you so you will know which tax bills you have coming up. This also helps us spot tax-saving opportunities earlier on, meaning we can save you even more money.
Freedom to work from anywhere, anytime: As a cloud-based solution, as long as you have a good-quality internet connection, you can access your books from anywhere - work, home, waiting in the dentist’s reception… or even on holiday (if you really want to). There’s no software to install on your PC or tablet and the Xero smartphone app enables you to quickly access key information and photograph receipts on the fly. What’s more, there are file sharing capabilities included within Xero so a lot of your digital records can be accessible alongside your financial information.
Protection from tax investigations: HMRC can start investigations or compliance checks for any reason and one of the first questions they will ask you will always be: "How do you maintain your records?". Your only defence is good-quality bookkeeping. Therefore, if you choose Xero, you can be rest assured that the checks and balances are built in to ensure your records are robust.
We set everything up for you, tailored to your business: One of the hardest things to do with software is setting it up; that's why we do this for you. It doesn't matter whether or not you are VAT-registered, we will set it up exactly how you want it and in the most user-friendly way for your business.
If you’re converting from another system, be it Sage, spreadsheets or something else, then we can assist with the conversion and help as much or as little as required.
Data security: Xero is a global corporation and has, to date, invested more than $250m into building cloud-based accounting software that is both resilient and robust. Xero is committed to providing software for the small to medium-sized business and ensures that data management is offered at affordable prices but without any detriment to the quality and security for that business.
Videos and 'ask my adviser' make it easy to use: Xero software has videos and help screens for all pages, showing you what to do at each step. On virtually every screen is an 'ask my adviser' button so you can easily get in touch to ask for our help on anything at all to do with your bookkeeping and financial data.
Training tailored to your needs: Many of the quick-start videos within Xero will be enough for most small start-up businesses to get up and running. We offer tailored training sessions for you and your staff or bookkeeper, which are designed to make sure you get the most out of Xero from the beginning. These sessions will vary in length depending on your needs.